Haven was rescued on 17 May 2015 from a fish farm. She was emaciated and confined in a small area with no food, water or shelter provided. Farm owners denied that the dog belonged to them and said they did not know how she ended up in the fish farm. We approached with food and milk and she gobbled up everything immediately. We asked the farm owners if we could take the dog away. They agreed.
She is fearful of other dogs for a start because she had no social interaction with other dogs till she met us. She can be protective of her food, probably because she has been starved for a long time.
1. As per AVS regulation, medium sized dogs are not of HDB approved size unless they qualify under ADORE. An owner of landed house or private condominium are allowed to keep up to 3 licensed dogs.
2. Adopter must agree to sterilize the dog and vaccinate it annually.
3. Adopter must allow home visits, if requested.
4. Adopter must have a proper space area for the dog. It must not be caged up, confined to a small space or tied to a leash throughout each day.
5. Adopter must be able to feed twice and walk the dog thrice a day (morning, evening & before bedtime) and bathe the dog at least once a week.
6. Clean water must always be made available to the dog.
7. To arrange a viewing of any dog for adoption purpose, your whole family must be present as adoption should be agreed as a family.
8. Dog license must be applied and renewed annually.
9. The monthly preventives of Heartgard and Nexgard must be continued.
10. The dog should be fed dog kibbles and dog wet food unless otherwise advised by the veterinarian (not leftover human food or vegetarian diet).