Malia was rescued 27 November 2021 by one of our volunteers together with the effort of one of our adopters. They were moved to rescue her as she seems to be always alone loitering around the HDB vicinity. We only realized that she was already pregnant a few weeks later. She gave birth to her puppies in the shelter.
Malia is a very curious dog with a desire to get to know people. She doesn’t seem to regard humans as dangerous, perhaps because she was fed by people living in the HDB vicinity. She loves to eat and started playing with some dogs within a week in the shelter.
1. As per AVS regulation, medium sized dogs are not of HDB approved size unless they qualify under ADORE. An owner of landed house or private condominium are allowed to keep up to 3 licensed dogs.
2. Adopter must agree to sterilize the dog and vaccinate it annually.
3. Adopter must allow home visits, if requested.
4. Adopter must have a proper space area for the dog. It must not be caged up, confined to a small space or tied to a leash throughout each day.
5. Adopter must be able to feed twice and walk the dog thrice a day (morning, evening & before bedtime) and bathe the dog at least once a week.
6. Clean water must always be made available to the dog.
7. To arrange a viewing of any dog for adoption purpose, your whole family must be present as adoption should be agreed as a family.
8. Dog license must be applied and renewed annually.
9. The monthly preventives of Heartgard and Nexgard must be continued.
10. The dog should be fed dog kibbles and dog wet food unless otherwise advised by the veterinarian (not leftover human food or vegetarian diet).